ASTM A106 seamless pressure pipe (also known as ASME SA106 pipe) is commonly used in the construction of oil and gas refineries, power plants, petrochemical plants, boilers, and ships where the piping must transport fluids and gases that exhibit higher temperatures and pressure levels.
Killed steel, with primary melting process being open-hearth, basic-oxygen, or electric-furnace, possibly combined with separate degassing or refining.
Steel cast in ingots or strand cast is permissible.
Hot-finished pipe need not be heat treated.
Cold-drawn pipe shall be heat treated after the final cold draw pass.
Size Range: ½” – 48”
Schedules: 5 - XXH
Type: Welded, Seamless, DSAW
- A53, A106 API5L, Grade B/C, X42, Seamless Pipe (Type S)
- A53, Grade A & B Electric Resistance Welded Pipe
- A53F, Continuous Weld (Type F)
- API5L, X-42, X-52, X-70, Seamless Pipe (Type S)
- A53 API5L, Grade B, X-42, X-52, X-70, Electric Resistance Welded Pipe (Type E)
- API5L, Grade B, X-42, X-52, X-70, DSAW/SAW
-A333, Grade 6 Low Temp
- Structural Grade, A252